Looking for a lighter alternative to chicken parmesan? Look no further! My husband says this is his new favorite dinner! I found the recipe over at Gina's Skinny Recipes. I made a pan of them for my husband and I to eat on. They are also great for a dinner party!
8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
(or chicken breasts cut in half)
1/2 C whole wheat italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 C grated parmesan cheese, divided
6 TBSP egg beaters
5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
(I used less than half of a frozen spinach pack - add a little at a time, you can also use fresh)
6 TBSP part skim ricotta cheese
6 oz fat free shredded mozzarella
olive oil non-stick spray
1 C Trader Joe's Traditional marinara sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 450. Season the cutlets with salt and pepper to taste. (I cut chicken breasts in half and beat them out thin with a meat tenderizer). Spray an 8x10 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated parmesan in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters in another.
3. Combine 1.5 oz mozzarella cheese, remaining parmesan cheese, spinach (defrost in microwaves and squeeze dry in a colander), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
4. Spread 2 tbsp of the spinach mix on each chicken cutlet. Loosely roll them up - keep the seam toward the bottom.
5. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place them in the baking dish with the seam towards the bottom. When all the chicken is in the dish, spray lightly with olive oil spray.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Take out of the oven and top with the marinara and remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake until the cheese is melted (about 3 minutes). I served mine with salad. You could also cook noodles to go with them.
Nutrition Information (8 servings, 1 serving = 1 stuffed breast): 4 old WW points, 5 Points+, 194.7 calories, 7 g fat, 24.2 protein, 7.2 g carbs, 1.5 g fiber