If you haven't figured it out by now, I am a big fan of chicken roll-ups! Just check out Spinach Stuffed Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Cordon Bleu. This recipe was restaurant quality! I adapted this recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen. I made extras so I could have company over and still have leftovers! Alter the amount to fit your needs.
10 thin sliced chicken breasts
2 heaping tbsp basil pesto
2 heaping tbsp ricotta cheese
2 heaping tbsp grated mozzarella
2 eggs, beaten (or 1/2 cup egg beaters)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup almond flour
black pepper to taste
olive oil non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray a 9x18 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Set up your chicken station. I spread plastic wrap across my counter top and put the chicken on top. Beat out the chicken with a meat tenderizer - if you get the thinly sliced chicken breasts, they should already be thin.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the pesto, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Spread a layer of the pesto over each chicken breast.
4. In one bowl, beat the 2 eggs (or pour in the egg beaters). In another box, mix together the almond flour and parmesan cheese.
5. Roll up the chicken from the small side to the wide side. Dip the chicken in the egg and then roll in the almond flour mix. Place the chicken roll in the casserole dish.
6. Spray the tops of the chicken rolls with olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 35-45 minutes. If you don't have as many rolls, you won't need to bake as long - start checking your chicken at 30 minutes.
I took a trip to the farmer's market and had fresh snap green beans and corn on the cob to serve as sides!